Discover Minimally Invasive Varicose Vein Treatments
EVLT emerged as an alternative to stripping and ligation. This less invasive treatment option allows for patients to enjoy shorter periods of downtime and far less discomfort, while achieving similar results.
- Minimally invasive, without incisions, stitches or scarring
- Higher success rate than surgery
- Safer than surgery with low risk of complications
- Brief recovery time, with patients resuming most activities the next day
- Covered by many health insurance plans
- Short treatment time, with procedure taking an hour or less
- No general anesthesia necessary
Learn More about Laser Therapy
Am I A Candidate for Varicose Vein Treatment?
Endovenous laser therapy is appropriate for treating symptomatic great, small and in some cases accessory great saphenous veins reflux. Other treatments may be ideal for your veins if EVLT is not. Dr. Muasher will work with you to identify the treatment option that will yield ideal results.
If the vein in question is twisted, EVLT will not be possible. Patients who are pregnant or have recently been pregnant should wait several months before undergoing the procedure. Those with deep vein thrombosis or who are unable to walk may also not be candidates. Before ruling anything out, schedule an assessment with Dr. Muasher to learn more about your unique needs.